Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lucky...

When people ask me what I do and I tell them I'm a stay at home mommy, about 9 times out of 10 I get this response: "WOW! Your soooooooo LUCKY!"

I usually smile and say "yeah, I am." (as a distant look gets into my eyes). In my head though these thoughts are running through very quickly at lightening pace: (They all start with the phrase "I'm so lucky that:")

I'm the one who changes ALL the diapers!
I'm the one who cleans up all the messes - and with two kids at home - that's a lot!
I'm the one who has to take them with me wherever I go (even to a bathroom stall).
I'm the one who has no privacy.
I'm the one who has to calm them when they are upset.
I'm the referee when it's needed.
I'm the built in toilet fixer, tv fixer, dvd fixer, anything fixer really.
I have to fight with them to go down for a nap (just to get a moments peace).
I have to fix all the meals.
I get to clean the house, take out the trash, make the beds, sweep, vaccuum, wash the dishes (by hand - no dishwasher here), etc. etc.

But at the same time, in the same instance, a big smile spreads across my face! Because I AM lucky!!

I get all these sweet little hugs and kisses ALL day long!
I get to see them mature and learn new things!
I get to be the hero when I FIX things for them!
I get to play kid games all day and watch cartoons.
I get snuggle time when they are upset, or when I'm trying to get them to go to sleep.
I get to see their infectious smiles ALL day!
I GET to be a stay at home mommy.

Since I am a stay at home mommy, I've had to figure out a way to bring in some income. I've become little miss Susie Homemaker...LOL!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150190219818429.312317.608688428

Check out these pictures. If you see anything you like, let me know and we can talk! I am also still selling Pampered Chef. So I'm always open and willing to do parties!!



These are two of my most favorite ladies!! The one up top is my sister! (As if you couldn't tell, and NO we are not twins lol!) The next is my Sister in Law Amy! These two lovely ladies I consider my best friends and can do anything with! Love y'all!!

That's it for now - I'm off to finishing up another dress I started this morning! Have a great day folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment