Monday, January 5, 2009

Milestones.....

We accomplished a milestone today and it only took one missed feeding. Lauren drank formula! YEA!!!!

For those of you who don't know, Lauren is my youngest daughter and she is 7 1/2 months old and she was born with Down's Syndrome. She is doing remarkably well and has far exceeded the expectations of everyone and I know it's only because God has His hand on her. She's still behind developmentally, but getting stronger everyday.

We have been breastfeeding exclusively for six months - and it got to the point, where I was ready for it to be over. Madison only breastfed for ten weeks...and I know each kid is different, that's why I let Lauren go for as long as we have. Lauren is up to eating once a day and today she ate a whole jar of bananas with some cinnamon added to it. (Just the little stage 1 jars, but still! :) )

Madison is in the stages of potty training, and I'm praying she gets it soon! She has a habit of taking her diaper off and pooping or peeing all over the floor. YAY for me...I get to clean it up. She is still a very curious two year old and gets into EVERYTHING! She climbs on anything she can find and I'm constantly telling her "no ma'am".

Will is still working in IT at Alcoa and enjoyed a much needed vacation over the Christmas Holidays. We had a good time spending together as a family.

I am still a Pampered Chef Consultant and always looking for a party - so if you or anyone you know would be interested, let me know. I'm also in the process of learning that God doesn't dispise small beginnings and am praying about a venture in my life - so if you could just pray for continued guidance on that, it would be great!

Our family overall is doing well. Adjusting to life in an apartment again. With me not working, we are still in the process of trying to sell our house, and have had two people back out of the contracts they have put on the house. Be praying we sell it soon, we need it to desperately!

Thanks for the support everyone - I'll keep all of you updated as much as I can!

~Morgan~

No comments:

Post a Comment